Found on Howling Frog Books and hosted by Michelle, this is the perfect challenge for me. Like the Classics Club, this challenge is over a 5-year period so my challenge dates are December 22, 2013 to December 21, 2018. You can check out my non-fiction book list on the sidebar.
Here are the guidelines:
- choose 50+ non-fiction books
- books must be non-fiction, ie. biography, autobiography, history, memoir, cooking, travel, science, etc.
- list them at your blog (or on Goodreads or another social media site)
- choose your completion goal date five years in the future and make not of it with you list of titles
- come back here and post the link to your list in the linky below
- write a review (or a short summary) on the book when finished and link it to the title in your list
- there will be pages posted at the top of the blog for you to link your reviews
- when you have completed the challenge, come add your link to the COMPLETED CHALLENGES page
- there will be a blog roll in the sidebar where I will list you/your blog linked to your lists
- grab the button in the right sidebar and link it back to this blog
- check out this PAGE which contains links to various online sources with lists of reading ideas
- this challenge can be crossed over with any other challenge
- it is mandatory that your list be made in advance so you have something to work towards.
Why is this the perfect challenge? Because I have a number of non-fiction books that are sitting on my shelves and, although I am interested in reading them, I often tend to default to fiction. This challenge will get me focussed on an area that I really need to address. Perhaps this is the perfect challenge for you too!