Who we are
Welcome to Classical Carousel where I, Cleo, share my ideas and reading experiences of various classic novels, non-fiction, short stories, essays and poetry as well as other various and sundry posts.
My website address is https://classicalcarousel.com
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When you access and/or browse through this website, we may collect personal information from you such as your name, email address, and IP address.
If you leave a comment: By leaving a comment and checking off the consent box, you are giving us permission to collect your name, email address, IP address, your website url, and any information that you voluntarily provide within your comment. A browser user agent string is also collected to help detect spam. This information is only collected and used purposes of responding back to you and for making improvements on our website. Your email address is never shared with the public, only your name, website url (if provided), and gravatar profile picture are shown. Please note that anything that you disclose of in the comment section is available to the public and we are not responsible for how they may use this information.
About Gravatar Profile Pictures:
If you send us an email: If you send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, We may be able to see your name and email address in that email and will use it to respond back to your inquiry/concern/questions. This information is kept indefinitely for customer service purposes.
Automatically Collected Information:
When you visit and/or browse our website, the site automatically receives and collects information which may in certain circumstances be considered personal information. This could include web log files with information such as:
- your Internet Protocol (IP) address
- the type of browser and operating system that you use
- the date and time in which you used the website
- pages visited and links clicked
- how a user moves around our site
- referring pages (where a user came from into our site)
- exit pages (where a given user left our site from)
Honestly, I never bother to look at any of this and it is never shared with anyone.
Google Analytics Tools:
I use analytics services by third parties (Google Analytics) to collect information about the use of this website. Such information includes: number of visits to this website, what pages are visited, how a user moves around through the website, popularity of certain content, entry/exit pages, how much time is spent on the website or on certain pages. All IP addresses are anonymized and we do not collect any demographic or ethnic information at this time. It is only used for my own personal overview of Classical Carousel and is not shared with any third-party sites or companies.
You can opt out of google analytics by downloading this google browser extension.
Links To Other Sites:
We may at times include other website links in this website. We cannot guarantee the privacy practices of those websites. If you submit any personal information to those sites, it will be subject to their respective privacy policies.
Sensitive Personal Information:
At no time will this website request, nor should you submit to this website, any sensitive personal information such as your social security number, financial information, health information, or any other sensitive material.
how this information may be used:
The information we collect on this website may be used in the following ways:
- To respond to your comments and/or inquiries either via the comment section or if you contact us via email.
- To keep the website safe and free from hackers, spam, and bots;
- To protect, investigate, and deter against unauthorized or illegal activity.
how this information may be shared:
- Comments – Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
- When required by law – We will disclose Personal Information when we are required to do so by law for example in response to a court order or subpoena, or law enforcement agency’s request.
- With your explicit consent – We may share and disclose information, that you have authorized us to share, with third parties.
how long we retain your data:
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
for european economic area residents:
Under certain circumstances, users may have the following rights to their information:
- Request to access a copy of any personal information which we may have collected about you;
- Withdraw your consent to using your personal information;
- Request to update or delete personal data which we hold about you;
All requests will be considered on an individual basis. Please note that certain personal information may be exempt from those requests in certain circumstances, which include a need to keep processing information for our legitimate interests or to comply with a legal obligation. If such an exception applies, we will notify you when responding to your request. Please note that we may ask you to provide us with information necessary to confirm your identity before responding in order to protect your privacy. Please send all requests to email@example.com.