Amanda at Simpler Pastimes has hosted a Classic Children’s Literature event every year for the past three, and as April rolls around it’s time to pull out any classic children’s book and read, read read!
I have had no time to really target the specific books I’m going to read, but I do have a few in mind.
- A Triumph for Flavius – Caroline Dale Snedecker
- Three Greek Children – Alfred J. Church
- All Alone – Claire Huchet Bishop
- My Father’s Dragon – Ruth Stiles Gannet
- Blue Willow – Dorothy Gates
- When Hilter Stole Pink Rabbit – Judith Kerr
- Carry On, Mr. Bowditch – Jean Lee Latham
- Number the Stars – Lois Lowry
- With Pipe and Paddle Song – Elizabeth Yates
- The Sprig of Broom – Barbara Willard
The read-along for the event will be Emil and the Detectives by Erich Kastner, which I have had on my shelves for ages, but haven’t read yet.
So come one, come all, to read some children’s literature with us as a pleasant introduction to the spring season. Just pop over to Amanda’s blog to sign up.