Are you in?
Once again Cathy at 746 Books is hosting the 20 Books of Summer event. If I manage to read 20 books I will eat my hat …. or eat crickets, or something equally wild. Which means it will be a miracle if I get to 20 Books but at least this event will keep me focussed.
So which books?
- Nicholas Nickleby by Charles Dickens
- Quo Vadis by Henryk Sienkiewicz
- The Hunchback of Notre Dame by Victor Hugo
- The Mill on the Floss by George Eliot
- Revelation of Divine Love by Julian of Norwich
- Second Idle Thoughts of An Idle Fellow by Jerome K. Jerome
- World War Z by Max Brooks
- The Merchant of Venice by William Shakespeare
- Ajax by Sophocles
- Giant’s Bread by Mary Westmacott (Agatha Christie)
- Ivanhoe by Sir Walter Scott
- We Took To The Woods by Louise Dickinson Rich
- Euthyphro by Plato
- Moby Dick by Herman Melville
- Le Rêve by Émile Zola or Kidnapped by Robert Louis Stevenson
- Coot Club by Arthur Ransome
- Finn Family Moomintroll by Tove Jansson
- Greenmantle by John Buchan
- The Murder at the Vicarage by Agatha Christie
- Reveries of a Solitary Walker by Jean-Jacques Rousseau
- The Gulag Archipelago by Alexsandr Soltzhenitsyn (my last biography for The Well-Educated Mind list)
- I Capture the Castle by Dodi Smith
- A book by Elizabeth Goudge
Some of these are books I need to finish for challenges and/or read-alongs, some are ones from my Classics Club List and others just feel like books I would enjoy reading in the summer.
Which ones would you choose from my list?? What are your summer reading plans?